it's time for the second consecutive first ever marketing breakdown of this week's opponent of the Beloved Spartans of Michigan State.
Central Michigan University at Michigan State
Opponent's Marketing Overview:
- if you include the upper peninsula of michigan, the location of school isn't actually in central michigan at all, but rather in south-central michigan. so name is misleading. it's akin to pizza hut selling pasta.
- CMU's team nickname is Chippawas. however, the Chippawa tribe is alternately known as the Ojibwa tribe, creating confusion in the marketplace.
- home field of CMU has the giggle-inducing name, Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
- CMU athletic director signed contract with adidas to provide CMU uniforms with "consistency all across the board." he came from the university of oregon which has 384 combinations of uniforms.
- former team nickname was the Dragons, which were apparently indigenous to the south-central michigan region.
- logo know as "action C" (as if you couldn't tell)
- in recent article of top Chippewa games ever, huge upsets of Beloved Spartans in 1990 and 1991 were only ranked 2 and 3.
Prediction: michigan state by 2 or 3.